Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I don't care.

I think I have a bad case of the "I-don't-care"s.

I'm at the point right now where I don't really care if people get away with stuff or if I don't do things I'm supposed to do or if things don't get done when they need to get done.

If people want something ridiculous, I just shrug, do what they want, and say internally (with a strong desire to say it to their face), "Sure. I'm not supposed to do that, but whatever. I'm not going to waste time arguing with you. Have it your way. You will anyway, no matter what I do."

Some days it feels like almost nobody you deal with ever does the right thing. And some days it doesn't really matter.

Did you ever get to that point?

Maybe I'm just tired.

I'm sure I'll bounce back at some point. I hope. ;)

5 Comments:

At 16:32, Blogger sfl said...

so if i say "i don't care" you won't be hurt?

do you mean there is nothing i can do to evoke a response?

do you mean that i am a non-entity, unworthy of reply?

does this mean i may keep my books out overdue and you won't verbally berate, humiliate, or charge fees?

i'm simply attempting to map out the VsubA or VsubP space (that's volume of apathy or volume of permissiveness to the mathematically uninitiated) available for my provocation.

i think you need to go work at a half-way house, or adolescent group home to break you out of the doldrums.

hew!

 
At 08:21, Blogger Jess said...

Oh, SFL. Of course I care about your comments. You can always evoke a response. Heheh!! :)

I misphrased things a little bit in the original post, I think. I don't mean that I don't care about ANYTHING -- I'm just mainly speaking about right vs. wrong.

Almost nobody does what they should and almost everybody does what they shouldn't -- and it doesn't seem worthwhile to fight it some days.

That's badly put, grammatically, but I think it's clearer than saying just, "I don't care about anything anymore." That's not at all what I meant.

Anyway, I love how you make up complicated mathematical formulas to apply to every situation. If I had to think about math every time I had a problem to solve (ha, a math pun, sort of), I would just cry.

Oh, and you want me to work at a group home??? Nnnoooo. I know people who work in group homes and they regularly go home covered in cuts and bruises after getting attacked by the residents. Some may be able to deal with that, but I freely admit I wouldn't be able to. Does that make me a bad person? I don't know.

 
At 18:38, Blogger sfl said...

nah! you're not a bad person. read the books of Jonah, Lamentations or Elijah's latter life for some good perspective on not caring about stuff. they got fed up, and just a tad bit huffy. you're not even close yet.

so like the song goes, "when you're feeling blue, just put on a happy equation..."

just a spoonful of mathematics makes the medicine go down, in the most delightful way...

 
At 13:53, Blogger Jess said...

SFL, mathematics IS the medicine. And there is nothing to make it go down easier.

;)

 
At 18:52, Blogger sfl said...

and medicine is good for what ails you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home